Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gifts from my Heart ~



my 1st knitted Prayer Shawl
for
a former neighbor
suffering from
cancer

Blessed by Father John
St.Mary's Catholic Church

delivered to her 5 daughters
who are by her bedside.

the color looks blue/green,
but is a soft sage green
which they said
was her favorite color!

my prayers and love
knitted into every stitch
to comfort her
in God's loving arms.

my memory of her
will be her covered
with my love in yarn
a 3-stitch cross design
knit into each end .

3-stitches:
the Father,
the Son, &
the Holy Spirit.
Amen.



~NOW, WHERE ARE MY 'STICKS' & 'STRING' ??!!!
 ^)^ hawknitr

2 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

A very loving project Linda, beautifully done.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

How lovely.... beautifully crafted.....what a precious love gift!

Sending bloggerly hugs as you whisper your own goodbyes to someone special.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a footprint in my Miss Kitty comment box!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...